Thursday, May 17, 2012

Acure Organics Shampoo/Conditioner Review

Ever since I started my No Poo Shampoo experiment, I've been dying to find an organic shampoo and conditioner that worked wonders for my hair.  Honestly, after doing the No Poo Shampoo for a while, I missed normal sudsing shampoo and conditioner.  But I couldn't bring myself to buy chemical-ridden products.  Then I found Acure! So far, this is the only organic company that makes shampoo and conditioner, so I'm super happy I stumbled upon them.

Cool fact: For every bottle of Argan Oil and Oil Control Day Cream purchased, Acure donates $1 to Bright Pink. Awesome! 


Pure Mint + Echinaecea Stem Cell Shampoo 
$10.99 for 12oz

I'm gonna do sort of a combo review for this, so this counts for both the shampoo and conditioner.  Alright, well the smell is wonderful. It's minty fresh!  I love it! And after just a day or two of using, I noticed that my limp, thin hair had more body! Pretty cool.  The shampoo suds but not as near as chemical-ridden shampoos, which I am happy about.  After doing my no poo shampoo, I missed the feeling of clean that suds gave me.  I just use a small dime-sized drop for both conditioner and shampoo.  I have short hair, so I don't need much.  The only thing I noticed was for the first week, I had an itchy scalp.  But after doing no poo shampoo, I knew that itchy scalp merely meant that my skin was adjusting to these new products I was putting on it.  So if you buy, don't worry about the itching :D It will go away once your skin adjusts to the lack of chemicals you're putting on it.  And considering it's organic, vegan, paraben free, sulfate free and even gluten free, this is a great price for a rather large bottle.  It's well above those family-sized bottles of Suave for $3, but ladies, I guarantee once you go organic, you won't ever go back.  I highly recommend switching to this lovely product!


Pure Mint + Echinaecea Stem Cell Conditioner 
$10.99 for 12oz


These products get the Laurette-approval!


Next I want to try Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo and Conditioner which is for all hair types, and Morocan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo and Conditioner for James, who has dry, damaged and curly hair.




IngredientsShampoo: Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips),Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate),Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Rooibos,Organic Aloe Barbadensis Vera Leaf Juice, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (from Coconut), 100% Naturally-derived Betaine (from Sugar Beets), Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate (from Coconut + Amino Acids), Cocoglucosides Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Sugar Conditioner), Sodium Levulinate (from Corn), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar gum conditioner), Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan)Oil, Organic Fair-Trade Certified™ Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin E), hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) seed oil, Attalea speciosa(Babassu) oil,Chenopodium quinoa (Quinoa) protein extract,Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Echinacea angustifolia (Echinacea) Stem Cells, Mentha peperita (Peppermint) and Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils

Conditioner: Organic Euterpe oleracea (Acai) Berry, Organic Rubus fruticosus (Blackberry), Organic Rosa canina (Rosehips), Organic Punica granatum (Pomegranate), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Rooibos, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearylkonium Chloride, Vegetable Glycerin, Glucono Delta Lactone (fermented sugar), Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside (from corn and glucose), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (guar gum conditioner), Glyceryl Stearate (vegetable-derived), L-Arginine (amino acid), Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sorbitan Olivate (from olives + sugar), Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cellulose (plant derived), D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin. E), Lactic Acid (vegetable derived), Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) seed oil, Attalea speciosa (Babassu) oil, Chenopodium quinoa (Quinoa) protein extract, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Echinacea angustifolia  (Echinacea) Stem Cells, Mentha peperita (Peppermint) and Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oils

No comments:

Post a Comment