Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pangea Organics Bar Soap Review

Well, if you've been keeping up with me, you'll surely have read my Juice Beauty Reviews and why organic skincare matters posts in recent months.  But if you haven't... let me tell you, I am OBSESSED with organic. I hate to repeat myself over and over again, but I refuse to use anything that I can't read the ingredients! (Look below for a list of ingredients in this soap)  If you compare any of the ingredients in organic vs. drugstore or even beauty stores, you'll be disgusted and repulsed.  I don't know about you, but I don't want parabens, sulfates, lauryls or laureths, petrochemicals or any other nasty nasty stuff in the products I use directly on my skin.  Would you put chemicals in your body? Why put it on your skin then? 

Anyways, I've got quite the collection going of organic skincare, and here is one of my favorites by the Pangea line so far. 

$8 for one bar.
When I first opened the box, the smell of white sage filled my senses.  It was so overpowering (in a good way) that as I transported it home in my car, the scent lingered for many days after! I love this scent! I really want to try the other ones as well. I love how this smells and how it feels on my skin.  It makes suds like a normal bar of soap...well, not as much, but I was surprised nonetheless because it lacks the sudsing chemicals used in all shampoos, body soaps and gels like the nasty Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. *Shudder* Anyways, I love this soap and will definitely be purchasing again.  Even for $8, it's a wonderful and organic addition to your beauty routine. Not only is it organic, though, the box it comes in is made from recycled paper! I even remember reading that some of their products contain seeds in the boxes, so if you plant it, you'll grow a tree.  Cool!
This product is gets the Laurette-approval!





With every order of Pangea, you get three free samples.  Mine were 
Egyptian Geranium with Adzuki Bean and Cranberry Facial Scrub, $32 for  3.8oz (for all skin types)
Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai and Goji Berry Mask, $40 for 4oz
Australian Wild Plum and Willow Facial Cleanser, $28 for 4oz (for combo to oily skin).


I have yet to try the mask, only because I keep forgetting I have it since I don't use masks in my weekly routine.  The scrub was... not pleasant.  The scrubbing part was lovely, because I need some scrubbing in my life to exfoliate my naturally greasy Italian pores, BUT the smell was not pleasant. It smelled like the bird food I get for my cockatiel, Kiwi.  Ew. Unfortunately this is the only scent they have of their scrub line, but I think that it may have been a bad batch, or maybe close to expiring (you see, organic, without nasty preservatives, won't last years on the shelves, but rather a few months. I'm totally okay with that!) so I'm definitely anxious to receive another sample to try out.  
As for the facial cleanser, OH GOD it was night and day compared to the scrub.  It was lovely! I loved the smell and it felt nice on my skin with a few subs forming.  Lovely.  I'm thinking that when my Juice Beauty runs out, I'll purchase this :)


Bar soap ingredients: OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL*, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL*, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL*, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CANNABIS SATIVA(HEMP) SEED OIL*, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) OIL, CITRUSAURANTIFOLIA (LIME) OIL, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) OIL, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF*, ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM (YARROW) EXTRACT*, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
This product is Gluten-Free and Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment