Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Acure Organics Facial Scrub/Night Cream Review

So I went a little crazy recently.  I discovered drugstore.com and well... It has [almost] every organic product I've been wanting to try/buy lately! Juice Beauty, Acure, Kiss My Face, Pangea and even showed me some new ones that I'm excited about!  Anyways, I bought a bunch of stuff and what with finals this week, I'm barely getting around to reviewing them.  I was in desperate need of a scrub and a night cream so these were the first things I bought off of drugstore.com.  So here they are!
Acure Organics Chlorella Growth Factor + Pomegranate Night Cream 
$19.99 for 1oz


Haven't you heard? CGF is the new stuff you need to get.  Both of these products contain Chlorella Growth Factor, which according to the website:
Chlorella is a single-cell green algae. We use certified organic open-cell chlorella to ensure the purity of our CGF.CGF is truly a skin care miracle.CGF is rich in RNA and DNA, the nucleic acids that create life. Your body’s creation of RNA and DNA is significantly reduced in our early twenties, leading to aging. Our CGF contains 10,000 mg per 100g of RNA, the highest source available for your skin. Healthy cells count on the perfect replication of our RNA and DNA. CGF helps boost this process and protect our DNA and RNA during the replication process. CGF is also clinically proven to protect collagen and elastin fibers from the enzymes that destroy them. Clinical studies have shown CGF to increase collagen expression by 333% when used at 1% concentration*. Our anti-aging products use our CGF at an amazing 5% concentration.

 So yeah. Pretty nifty stuff. I've been wanting a night cream forEVER because my face gets extremely dry after I shower, and instead of using a day cream, I wanted something to replenish my skin overnight.  This is it! A little goes a long way- one pump, and your whole face is covered, especially if you wet your fingers a little to smooth it around.  The smell is hard to put my finger on..It reminds me of something I've smelled before, like a fragrant type of leaf.. But I can't put my finger on it.  Nonetheless, it is pleasant and not very greasy which is nice especially for people who get blemishes during the night due to greasy faces.  I'd highly recommend this because not only does it keep you looking healthy and young longer, it's preventative medicine folks! If you start now, you'll look 50 instead of 70ish.. (Funny story, someone mistook my nana for in her 50's, and she's well into her 70's.  She was happy :))



Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub Sea Kelp + Chlorella Growth Factor
$14.99 for 2oz


I LOVE this stuff.  It has CGF in it as well, so it keeps my skin young and healthy longer! I've desperately needed a facial scrub because I felt that my little scrublet and Juice Beauty cleansing gel just wasn't refreshing enough.  I knew I needed a scrub, because when I use a scrub, it's almost like a stress-reliever for me, knowing I'm getting dead skin cells off my face and also because it's like scrubbing all my troubles away. :) Kinda like a weekly facial for me.  I love this! It's dark dark green and smells decent, and a little dab goes a long way too.  This scrub is best for people who get dirty or have greasy pores and need to refresh their face once a week.


Overall, I'm in love with my new Acure Organics products and will definitely be buying again. And more!



No comments:

Post a Comment