Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Birchbox Review!

It's in! It's here! My June Birchbox.  Boy am I excited to unveil it!



till Bags Small Collection 1
$8.49 for 12 quart-sized bags in a range of patterns and colors

These are pretty awesome. You can see the one I got in the upper right corner of the above picture.  They're like ziplock bags, but reusable and in pretty colors! So instead of buying a bunch of cosmetic makeup bags to cart your stuff around when traveling, take a couple of these to brighten up your suitcase and prevent liquids from spilling out! They're nifty, store easily, look super cute and come in a range of sizes and colors to fit all of your toiletries.  Or, use them for cute snack bags! Take them to work and store some snacks in them! I really like these because they're super cute and small, so it's easy to fit whatever small stuff I need in there: makeup brushes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and lots more!

Eyeko Fat Stick
$15 for one stick

This nifty little stick is kind of a multi use crayon for your eyes.  You can use it as an eyeliner or spread it over your lid and blend to create a cute eyeshadow effect!  Mine came in dark green, but they have charcoal, gold and blue as well.  I like how blendable and creamy it is!


Likewise SPF 50 Moisturizer
$44 for 50ml

 Meh. I'm not a fan.  I took one glance at the ingredients and didn't touch it.  It's far from organic :[ It smells like sunscreen which I'm okay with.  This is good for anyone not as picky as I am because it is UVA/UVB protection which is essential! Most people get UVB protection in their sunscreen, but not UVA because companies don't need to tell you which it protects against.  Many people get UVA exposure from tanning booths which can seriously age your skin and make you prone to skin cancer.  It's kinda expensive, but you don't see SPF 50 with both UVB and UVA protection.


theBalm Stainiac
$17

This is pretty neat.  It's a gel-stain that's great for your cheeks and lips.  I think this is better than powder because it stains all day instead of rubbing off like a powder or clumping like a lipstick.  It comes in three shades and I think this one I got is darkest, but it is still pretty light when you rub it in.  You have to rub it in right away otherwise you'll get a stain in one spot where you applied it.


$14.99 for an 8 pack

Do I look like I tan? Me? Who has been advocating the daily usage of sunscreen!? Bah.  I'm against this stuff.  I mean, sure, you're not out in the sun getting skin cancer, and you're not in *gasp* worse, a tanning booth, BUT this just seems tacky, like those sprays or lotions.  I do not approve.  Need I say more? Well... I guess I can see the appeal, if you're in need of a little color in the winter.. But if you want to try them, go ahead.  I never will. Anyone want two samples?
One towelette should be enough to cover your whole face and body, though you can use two if necessary. Run the towelette over your bare skin, taking care to avoid your delicate eye area. Wash your palms and nails carefully afterwards, and wait at least ten minutes before showering or getting dressed. The results will appear in about three hours. To maintain your tan, reapply every three to four days.


John Varvatos Star
$55 for 1.7oz

So this is for a man.  Last time I checked, I am still a girl.  (And that was five minutes ago, when I went to the loo to deflate my bladder)  This was sent purely as advertising for Birchbox Man, the new box offered exclusively to men.  And, well, James is certainly not that type of man.  All he needs is to shower, put on deodorant and brush his teeth.  No fancy colognes, or shaving religiously, or wearing cute patterned socks and suspenders (which is how I picture a Birchbox Man customer).  Nope, he's pretty simple.  So this cologne and the Birchbox Man subscription are pretty useless to me.  Last time I checked, Birchbox was ALSO for girls, so why did Birchbox have to cheat me out of one more girly sample?! Boo.



Overall, a pretty good box.  Not my favorite, because no real organic stuff, but I'm still optimistic.  I'm just really picky :P Maybe I'll find an organic makeup box!

2 comments:

  1. Where can you go to purchase these items?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birchbox.com! If you click on the name of the product, it will take you straight there :)

    ReplyDelete