Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kiss My Face Sunscreen Assortment and Shaving Cream Review

You guys should know by now that I'm an advocate for wearing sunscreen or SPF on a daily basis as preventative medicine, right? Well if you're not, get on board.  Because I just discovered Kiss My Face.  And I love it.  Kiss My Face is a great line; it's not 100% organic-certified, but they don't use nasty chemicals and parabens, mostly natural ingredients.  So I'll buy Kiss My Face from now on.  They've also got a lovely Olive Oil line, and I LOVE olive oil.  (I once did a presentation on O.O in Speech and Debate :))



$7.95 for 11oz

I've been using Skinitimate for YEARS. Probably since my mother first let me use a razor.  And I've always gotten nasty red bumps, razor burn and irritated skin.  I always attributed it to my razor, that is, until I discovered organic.  I figured out that every time I shaved, my skin would be prone to all the chemicals in my shaving gel and react.  So I found Kiss My Face Shave moisturizer.  It is awesome! I have smooth legs, no bumps and they're nice and white, like they should be :) It has a pleasant smell, like a key lime pie! And it works a little like a foaming conditioner.  It spreads on smooth like conditioner, but foams ever so slightly.  Pretty awesome! I love this! I am also excited to try Dr. Bronner's shave gel, which will be my next purchase after this bottle is gone.

$16.99 for 8oz

So this stuff is pretty awesome.  I got it because I'm doing a swimming class during the summer to keep me on track to graduate in June of 2013 (ONE YEAR AWAY!!!! AHHH!) because I needed something with a LOT of SPF to keep me from burning.  It's a spray with a faintly coconut smell, but it does smell a little medicine-y.  More like regular sunscreen, I'd say.  But it's bearable.  I used this when I went hiking up to the falls above Day Creek in Rancho Cucamonga.  It kept me from getting burned, but the bugs LOVED me.  Haha, note to self, bring bug spray.  Or a dryer sheet. I'm glad I didn't get irritated either, because sunscreens tend to do that (hmmm, maybe because of those nasty CHEMICALS!?) So this stuff will be a staple this summer.

$15.95 for 8oz

I really like this too.  The smell is pleasant, it comes in an easy to apply spray bottle, and it even has this neat little invention so you can lock the handle to prevent it from accidentally spraying all over your bag! It's not too greasy and doesn't use chemicals, so yeah. A keeper.  I use this every day on my shoulders and décolleté.  It's great for a trip to Disneyland, or hiking up to the falls! Next, I'm going to buy the bigger bottle :)



Kiss My Face Hot Spots Stick SPF 30
$8.99 for a stick

I actually got this for free as part of a deal on drugstore.com, it was buy $25 in Kiss My Face and get this free! Pretty nifty.  I can keep this in my bag for a quick reapplication on sun-prone spots, like my face when I go out somewhere all day.  I love how the package says "Practice Safe Sun!" HAHA oh, you punny. (Geddit? PUN-Y!? Ha. Ha.) So yeah, I'm glad I got this free :)

Overall, Kiss My Face is an excellent skincare line to try out, and I believe they carry this at most drugstores! I checked Target online, and they certainly do! I'm not sure about in store though, that's going to be the first thing I check next time I stop into Target.




No comments:

Post a Comment