Saturday, November 24, 2012

November Green Grab Bag!

Eeeeeek! It's GREEN GRAB BAG TIME! I'm in love.  Green Grab Bag just keeps getting better with age.  There are so many companies that have organic and natural skincare products that I didn't know about! So many to choose from now! I think I might go crazy.  Eventually I'll try all of these products...When I win the lotto. HA. Or become CEO of something.  But I PROMISE if I do, I won't be a dick to the rest of my company and file for 'bankruptcy' and then take a billion-dollar severance package or bonus or some nonsense.

On to the wonderful samples!

First up, Purity Botanicals!

Purity Botanicals Deep Pore Cleanser
$37 for 8oz

It smells lovely.  I really like this cleanser.  It has unrefined African shea butter and natural salicylic acid for helping with problem acne.  I don't have problem acne but this is good for preventative medicine and even my poor baby brother, who has terrible acne. (We don't know where it came from because no one else in our family has ever had acne like his)

Purity Botanicals Liquid Gold
$49

This stuff is supposed to be literally worth its weight in gold. That's because it is a multiuse serum for spot-treating acne, healing cuts, moisturizing, aiding in healing burns and scrapes and many other skin issues.  It is a light gold color made of different oils.  It smells pretty awesome and works really well! It healed up a couple ouchies in no time and moisturized at the same time. I have this embarrassing and annoying rash thing above my lip that might be eczema, and it's been slowly healing it up! So I'm really happy with it.

Purity Botanicals Lip Whip in Rose

Unfortunately this product does not exist on the site so I can't link it or give you the price or even buy it myself.  I got a sample of it and it is the best thing I've tried. It's the perfect shade and makes my lips feel yummy.  But I can't find it anywhere! I'm not sure why this is and I have emailed the company.  We shall see! [[Update!]] So two days later, the company ACTUALLY called me and left a message! They said that they're working on getting a new website up and that if I wanted to purchase anything, call their boutique and order, and the lady also gave me her cell phone to contact her on! How wonderful! Now that's great customer service.

Tierra Mia Original Daily Face Cream
$25 for 2oz

Now this company is so interesting.  They own goats and make products from raw goat milk! This cream is specially formulated to restore the skin's natural PH balance which is important in keeping clear and healthy skin.  Did you know raw goat milk does that? The natural acids are rich in nutrients and gentle on the skin.  It is for all skin types.  It smells...different. It's pleasant, but I can't put my finger on it.  Like goat milk, I guess! They have this shampoo bar that I'm dying to try on my boyfriend, because the description says it alleviates eczema, psoriasis and dandruff which he probably has.

Gabriel Cosmetics Zuzu Luxe Eyeliner in Obsidian
$13.80

I don't like eye pencils.  They just don't work for me.  I feel as though I'm dancing dangerously close to stabbing my eye with that thing and then destroying my bathroom as I grow into a great green monster that smashes EVERYTHING.  So I tend to avoid sharp pointy things around my eye balls.  My hands always tend to slip, even with a dull object.... Gosh, I think everything's got a personal vendetta against stabbing me in the eye.  I always stab myself with my brushes :/ ANYWAYS I hate sharpening these things too.  So I really really like the twisty-eyeliners.  They're my go-to.  Is it a twisty? BUYING IT. Don't get me wrong, it was great to try this out, but it just reinforces that pencils are not for me. For you? Maybe.  Not me.

Jeffery James The Eye Cream
$36 for .5oz

Crazy expensive but does it live up to the price? I'll be honest: no.  I don't usually use eye creams because although I understand that the eye area is a delicate region, I think that your usual night cream/day cream is all you really need.  Same goes for a toner.  I just don't see the appeal in it. Unless you have horrible eye bags or something.  But this wasn't really all that great.  In fact, it sort of burned when I put it on, and when I woke up the next morning, my skin felt very taut and frankly, a little dry.  So perhaps this is for you, but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment