Saturday, January 5, 2013

December Green Grab Bag

What a crazy awesome month! To start with, James asked me to marry him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek! Here's my ring.
So he asked me Christmas day....and I'll tell you more in a different post.  On to GGB!

$16 for four single use packs

I haven't tried this yet.  But the single pack looks like it has more than one use.  The instructions call for 1/4tsp of the mask, and the pack is pretty full.  So I think you could get a couple uses out of it.  I'm waiting on a nice spa day to try this out, and right now my schedule is hectic for the next six months.  I graduate in June! Whoopee! But til then, BUSY. In fact, I start school Monday.  Boo.
Comes in Pink Rose, Raspberry N Honey, Roasted Mocha and Pumpkin.


$8.95 for 6oz bar

I gave this bar to my fiancĂ©. This bar uses activated charcoal which is VERY beneficial for your skin.  It absorbs dirt, impurities and dead skin cells.  He's only been using it for a few days and I haven't noticed any break outs (because he's prone to them) but I'll update you if there's a huge difference, because he needs a miracle. Ha, just kidding. Love you babe! What I mean is, he never ever uses anything on his skin because he's super sensitive so it'll be a miracle if this helps and if he sticks to it. :P  Also, it comes with a wildflower seed label! How cool is that? You plant the whole label right into the ground and bam! Your very own start to a wildflower garden! Sounds beautiful and giving back to the environment? I definitely approve.  The site says this bar will last 3-4 weeks, and longer if you keep it dry between uses.

$12.50 for 8oz

Also comes with a wildflower seed label.  I LOVE THIS. I prefer a wash to a bar, so I kept this one for my self.  My hormones have been out of wack lately so I've been getting really bad break outs all over my face and back.  I've been using this for a few days and my face is clearing up! It freaked me out a bit when the wash came out black on my scrubber but I got over it.  It is actually refreshing to see a different color than the typical clear or tannish-clear face wash.

$19.50 for 7.3oz

For eczema, psoriasis, and extremely dry skin.  Again, gave this to the fiancĂ© and it has helped his poor scalp.  He's got really dry skin under his hair and sideburns, poor thing.  So now we're trying lotion and Argan Oil.  It's helping, but only if we do it every day.  So there might be something else underlying... My poor baby is allergic to everything!

$16.99 for 7.8oz

A little goes a long way. BOY.  See that little baggie? I used that entire thing on my whole body.  Well, I should say the parts I could reach. :O It's pretty thick too, which is nice and the smell is pleasant.  

$12 for 1.8oz Discovery size or $26 for 4oz

I never understood the need for a toner.  I thought of toner in the literal sense: it tones your skin, whatever that means. So I was SUPER stoked to find this in my GGB! I got the 1.8oz bottle, which alone goes for $12 and GGB is $15! That's AWESOME.  So worthwhile.  Anyways, I figured out why a toner is necessary, at least for me.  After I shower and wash my face, I use this on a cotton pad to prep my skin for bedtime.  It removes the extra dirt I didn't get.  And leaves a clean slate for this awesome salicylic acid lotion I bought for my erratic skin.  I also use it in the morning before I put on moisturizer to get off whatever happens during the night.  (AH HEM, I drool. :|) I don't usually consider myself oily or blemish prone but this is for those skin types.  I will use it, since my skin is obviously going through some sort of change, but it does dry out my skin excessively.  Easy fix is to moisturize.  But I still love this stuff, and especially Pangea. <3

5g for $6 or 10g for $12

SPF 15!? Ah! I had to blink a couple times before it sank it. Now I can protect my eyes! I always use SPF on my face, but never even thought about my eyelids.  So now there's this! And I love the color it came in.  It's a skin color pink, like the color of my lips.  It goes great under my red wine sparkly eye shadow that I adore.  (It's not really a red wine, more dark pinkish wine but very pretty)

$4.99 for one

This color is perfect for me.  I hate lipstick or anything of color on my lips because I don't feel that it looks right.  I guess I haven't found the PERFECT color other than the color my lips already are.  This color is almost exactly the same shade as my lips so it blends in and I feel a bit more fancy during the day.  And it's SPF 18! Score! I haven't been able to find a good SPF balm since my Soft Lips days.  Don't miss that stuff. Ugh. Chemicals.  So this stuff is pretty good.  And a good price! 



No comments:

Post a Comment