Saturday, April 28, 2012

April Birchbox Review

So I received my second Birchbox <3 Can you say, HOOKED? I love Birchbox because they've got great products and ORGANIC samples, which I am totally in love with.  I swear guys, I will never look back to non-organic beauty products.  I now read all the labels on the back of beauty products and if I can't read most of the ingredients, or if it has lauryl/laureth sulfates, PG or PEG's (propylene glycol and polyethylene glycol), phthalates, petrochemicals or parabens I put that shit back on the shelves.  I'm getting ahead of myself, because that rant is for another post ;)

Anyways, on to Birchbox!


Love this color! Not only am I in love with all of Zoya's polish, but these are free of most of the terrible chemicals in nail polishes! No toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) or camphor! I've been trying to find a good nail polish and I've tried both Essie and OPI but those make my nails yellow and gross :( So far, Zoya in general has been great on my nails, no yellowing, they're healthier and stronger than before.  I love the Bevin color for my toes! So far I've splurged and bought Mia, Pandora and Kristen, all that I love <3 I'm totally OK with the $8 price tag too. 
                                                        

I'm super excited about this! Now that I'm an organic binge, I've been wanting to find and try a good detergent that was free of harsh chemicals.  Dropps are free of fabric-damaging enzymes, and have very few ingredients (Laureth (Plant Derived + Biodegradable Cleaning Agent), Polxoxyethylene Oleyl Ether (Plant Derived + Biodegradable Cleaning Agent), Propylene Carbonate (Progessing Agent), Hexylene Glycol (Processing Agent), Agua (Water)) Which I am happy about! I tried these out and they worked just as well as any other regular detergent, but with the environment in mind, and your skin! They even have a detergent for babies, for their sensitive skin.  Pretty nifty, and at $6 for 20 dropps, it's a good price.

Definitely not happy about these.  Supposedly a line for sensitive-skin teenagers, I took one look at the ingredients list and threw them away.  They're not the worst, but they're certainly not the best.  They've got parfum (which you ladies should be wary of, because parfum can have a whole list of ingredients that aren't skin-friendly and you'd never know since it's allowed to be kept a trade secret), laureths, PEG's and a couple other things that gave my skin goosebumps.  Now, if you're not an ingredient freak like me, then these would be perfect for keeping in your purse or traveling to clean your face or your teenagers' face, especially after sports.  At $7 for 30, it's a good deal, but I'm passing.

I like this stuff.  The scent is pleasant and the ingredients passed my scrutiny.  Beeswax and aloe lead extract are a few of my favs on the list.  Now, it is very greasy and great for extremely dry hands/cuticles, or cracked skin but it's just too greasy for me.  But, then again my hands aren't very dry so it is just not for me.  But I gave this to my mother and she adores it! At $8 it won't break the bank and it will definitely help heal your hands.  

This has a pretty nice scent, but it's far too strong for my sensitive and allergy-prone nose.  A little sample bottle is fine for me, but if you like the scent and like Taylor Swift, then $60 for a bottle won't be a big deal for you.  But it is for me :|

Overall, a good month! I certainly wish I had received more organic products (I saw others who got Revolution Organics, One Love Organics, and Pangea Organics and I am extremely jealous)  But hopefully next month I'll receive more organic! :)

Sign up with the following link ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment