Tuesday, August 13, 2013

NEW! Conscious Box Reviews! (April)

Surprise! I'm back. Maybe. And boy, do I have SO many updates to tell you about! I'm SUPER excited.  I'm preparing a bunch of posts and saving them til I have more time... You'd think being graduated I'd find more time. YES. I'm just way lazier now. But for now, I'm going to tease you with this awesome new subscription I have! This is the April box and it's called Consciousbox! It's $19.95 monthly, and you can get tri-monthly or bi-annual subscriptions as well.  They're from Portland, Oregon, one of my dream places to move. (And my fiancé's too :)) They have this awesome option (WHICHISAMAZING) that you can either choose the Classic Box, Vegan Box (Boy!) and EVEN the Gluten-Free Box! My fiancé's mother is allergic to gluten, so I sent her a few samples from my boxes and she loved them! So this box is pretty much the BOMB because for $20 you get 6-10 SAMPLES and even quite a few full-size products! (In May's box, coming soon, I got a full size toothpaste! Heeeeey!!) Yeah, I'm in love. So as you can see in my pictures below, my boxes are JAMMED and even come with gorgeous post-cards!

April's Box

So, I actually got this box for free. FREE. (Plus a measly dollar for shipping, HA) and I'm hooked already. It was a special discount through subscriptionbox, whom I highly recommend for all your subscription box needs! They have reviews on many of the fabulous subscription boxes you see out there in the cyber world, and even offer AMAZING discounts! There's so many products in my boxes that I have a hard time sitting down and reviewing every single one. But they're all worth it.


My fiance wasn't impressed by this. I don't use protein powders, so I had him try it out.  He said the taste was off, like it wasn't sweet enough and it seemed to be way too watered down. He followed the directions too.


This is pretty good! I've heard of CoQ10 before and all of the benefits it offers.  In terms of price, however, this is fairly high.  I would rather make due with my regular vitamins and minerals.

$44.99 for 120 1-serving packets

Oh this stuff was gross. You know (maybe you don't) that I HATE sugar substitutes. It does NOT MATTER where that crap comes from, (be it a plant or a laboratory trying to kill ants and making 'sugar' instead) I can taste the difference and I hate it. This had stevia. So I wasn't a fan.  Although, I do love the idea of liquid vitamins because they absorb better into your system, I will not use stevia in anything.


I don't have babies, so I don't know how this would fair with toddlers, but considering it lacks those horrible chemicals found it most beauty products, I'd say this would be fine for sensitive skin. It didn't have much of a scent, which was nice.


This stuff is AMAZING. I've been looking for detergent that had no chemicals and harsh dyes and I've found it! This is the baby's Disney version, which is specifically for sensitive skin. However, even their regular version is lacking in chemicals I cringe from. After washing my clothes with this, I noticed NO difference in scent, softness, etc. compared to other chemical-ridden brands.


OMG. GUYS. I LOVE COCONUT. I LOVE MANGO. I LOVE HAPPY SQUEEZE. Have I ever mentioned how much I love this packaging? It's easy for on the go nutrition, and they use organic fruit! Hello! Yes! Less killing of bees, more of keeping me (and little ones) happy and snackafied.  

Plump Peas Organic Baby Food 8 pouches for $9.49

Welp, I definitely don't have kids, but this is a great idea.  Organic (so number one choice with me) and great for on the go. I didn't personally try it out, but I'm sure babies will love it.  And mamas will too for this price and ease of carrying baby food around with you.

3.49 for 20 tea bags

Tea! I don't personally drink tea often, but when I do, I like teas that have lots of flavor.  This, however, does have Stevia in it..which I'm not thrilled about, but I've always loved their Sleepytime Chamomile teas.

30 ct. for $5.99

These are actually pretty good, in terms of nasty chemicals. They're not my favorite choice (I prefer Gabriel Cosmetics) but I think you can find these at Target, so score.  All of the chemical-sounding names in this product are plant-based, but still. I'd feel more comfortable seeing the latin names for plants instead of crazy derivatives.  

Sappo Hill All Vegetable Oil Glyceryne Creme Soap
$2.75 for one round. 

Bars! I love soap bars. I've actually seen a recipe for homemade laundry detergent with this soap grated up. So already I'm excited. They're cheaper than most natural soaps found in the soap section too.  These bars are made in small kettle-based batches, which is a process no longer used by American producers. They're also air-dried, hand cut and aged to create perfection. I've found these at my local Sprouts, so I'm also happy about that.

$2.49 for one

HOLY CRAP! I loved this bar. It has active greens, so lots of green veggies as well as some fruit, and it is pretty damn good. GREAT for after a work out or between meals.  These bars actually saved me during my last month of school, when I was swimming in the morning and then running straight to a two-hour lecture. I found these at my local Sprouts, so happy girl :) There's no extracts or flavors added, it's just pure fruits and veggies, mushed up and put into a bar form. AND IT IS ORGANIC!!!! I have gotten into the habit that if I find anything without organic ingredients, I put it back.  Saving the bees, one bee at a time! (Bee-tee-dub, read this article <--) 

$10.99 for 90 tablets

I've heard nothing but good things for spirulina. My mom has been becoming a health nut as of late, so she's got a giant jar at home and she mixes it with everything. It's kinda funny to see her eating slim-green yogurt :P Anyways, spirulina is basically dried algae, but extremely nutritious for you. It has lots of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and more protein and fiber than most natural sources.  It is great for inflammation as well.  This particular supplement comes in pill form, so a lot better than mixing it in with your smoothies or yogurt if you can't stand the taste or the green teeth or the staining of your tupperware.  However, if you're not a fan of swallowing a ton of pills on a daily basis, go for the powder.

April's Earth Day Mystery Box
I didn't get this box free BUT through Subscriptionbox (again) I got an amazing Earth Day 50% off discount! Yep! Ten bucks guys.  In the back of the picture, I got my first taste of some amazing Hail Merry Gluten-Free macaroons! Yum! These are the ones I sent over to my fiancé's mama and she LOVED them.  Mm. Mm. I ate (almost) the whole bag in a day. And my fiancé was happy with them too!

Hail Merry Gluten Free Macaroons
The website advertises 8 packages for $40, but you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

Like I said. GLORIOUS. They're gluten-free and vegan and OMG taste amazeballs.  I have found the Hail Merry brand at Sprouts, but so far no macaroons :( Sad face. Anyways, these are also organic and non-GMO! So saving the bees again.  I'm really curious to try their other flavors too! And the grawnola.  And their tarts. Yum!

Cuppow
$7.99 for one.

This product makes the entire Consciousbox worth the money.  I got a single cuppow, which is worth $7.99 on the market. That's a great deal, considering all the other samples and sometimes full-sized products I got! And heck, this box was half off, so yeah. OH and I'm totally a hipster because I LOVE THIS. I have a bunch of mason jars and I love make shake-em salads in them. So now I can drink from my mason jars as well! It's BPA free which is also awesome.

Teccino Mocha Herbal Coffee
$9.99 for 11oz

I added this to my coffee as extra flavoring. It's actually caffeine free, so it's great for adding to coffees if you still want caffeine.  It has 1gram of fiber too! This is a coffee-tea hybrid, with chicory root, fig and other ingredients.  You can brew it by itself as well.

Peeled Apple Clusters Snack
$2.19 for one bag

I LOVED THESE. I took the little bag to class (one of those many post-swimming workouts) and crunched all the way through. I loved the texture of hard apples slowly turning soft and gummy in my mouth. Gluten free, non-GMO and less than 75 calories a serving!

Sahale Almonds with Cranberries, Honey + Sea Salt
$1.18 for one 1oz pouch

I did the same with this little bag! My, was it tasty. Salty, sweet and crunchy at the same time, it's a great snack for youngish-kids, teens and adults.

Keen-wah Decadence Organic Chocolate Chia
$34.95 for 12

Yum! Not only is this organic and delicious, but gluten-free as well! It has 12% protein and 18% fiber, and is non-GMO. It satisfies my chocolate cravings in one bar while still giving me the fiber and protein I need. This is a great post or pre-workout bar.  Yummers!


Rockin' Green Laundry Detergent
$15.95 for 3lbs

This has the same review as the ECOS laundry detergent. It's a powder, instead of a liquid and still good for HE washers. Gluten and vegan friendly, no phosphates and biodegradable, with no brighteners, parabens or the scary SLS family (sodium laryl sulfates). One bag does 90 loads, only requiring 1tbsp per load. Like before, I noticed no difference in smell or softness with my clothes. So definitely a choice for me!



Overall, I LOVE CONSCIOUS BOX SO FAR. They give you full-sized products and give you way more for your money. And the variety of products is astonishing! I love that they also offer boxes with only vegan or gluten free products.  I highly recommend this subscription box guys!

Ugh, guys, I'm so sorry. I've got many more months of boxes to post. That's all coming. Promise. Next up, June! July! August!

No comments:

Post a Comment