Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Birchbox Review

I got my very first Birchbox today! So I thought I'd share it with you and review the products inside.

A little background on Birchbox. It's this awesome little company from New York that sends 4-5 beauty samples to your door for $10 a month. You can customize your beauty profile once you sign up to fit your needs, so Birchbox can send you the right products for your skin and hair! For example, I'm into organic and USDA-approved products because most beauty products contain toxic chemicals that we really have no idea what they're doing to our skin long-term. (more on that later) So I read all my labels before I even think about purchasing something. Which is why I'm so excited about Birchbox! All ready to sign up? Goodness, don't be hasty... Well, here's my reference code, sign up and I get 50 points! You get 10 points for every Birchbox you receive, and 50 points for everyone you sign up.  Points are redeemable for cash towards full-sized products.  Awesome, right? Now you can sign up. :P It's easy to cancel too, so don't freak out.  Not sure? Do some research.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser
This month, I received a beautiful little product by Juice Beauty. It's their Blemish Clearing Cleanser and OH I love it! It smells beautiful and to make things better, it's organic! I don't know if you guys are well-versed on the ingredients inside your beauty products, but you should be! There is some SCARY stuff in there, and if you can't read more than half of the list, then buyer beware! There's been some controversy with the FDA, saying that these toxic chemicals are harmless in small doses.. But what about long-term? If we use them constantly, then what? The Daily GreenSkin Deep, and Campaign for Safe Cosmetics are all great starting places to learn about petrochemicals, parabens, glycols and other toxic chemicals as well as find out what products do and don't use these chemicals.

Anyways, the smell is pleasant and it left my skin feeling fresh and soft.  I don't get a lot of breakouts, so I'm letting my brother try the rest to see if it helps with his teenage acne. **Update: my brother used this and immediately noticed a HUGE difference, now almost a month later, his face is completely cleared up! My mom was so impressed she bought him a full-sized bottle AND bought my other brother a bottle too! I REALLY want to try other products by Juice Beauty, but my local Ulta doesn't carry them in stores. :( So I'm on the hunt for somewhere I can test them out in stores before I buy!

Color Club Age of Aquarius
Color Club has a new line of neon nail polishes that are just divine! Neon is the new summer color, as my nana has so gladly told me for about a month now.  Age of Aquarius is a teal color, very bold.  Love it! *Update: I've had this color on my toes for about two weeks and it's just starting to come off! A very hardy little polish.

Harvey Prince Yogini
Totally loving this scent.  It's fruity without being too overpowering.  Lovely undertones of grapefruit with an exotic appeal to it.  Now, I don't wear perfume too often because my mother is allergic, but this little sample bottle will last me a long time!

Lulu Organics Lavendar and Clary Sage Hair Powder
Not much of a fan of this.  Although, I'm not sure I used it correctly :P It seemed to make my hair gritty.  I may have used too much, I'm not sure.  I'll try again soon just to see.



 This is my first Birchbox!
 Samples, all arranged pretty :)
 From left: Color Club, Age of Aquarius; Harvey Prince Yogini perfume sample; and Lulu Organics Lavendar and Clary Sage Hair Powder.
 From left: Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser and same as above.

Sign up with the following link, ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment