Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Juice Beauty Review(s)

If you're just now tuning it, I have to let you know something about myself.  I am obsessed, YES obsessed, with organic.  I refuse to buy any beauty products if a. I can't read the labels and b. if they're not organic.  I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to put chemicals on my skin.  (Please read why organic skin care matters here) It's horrible.  So you can imagine how happy/excited I was to finally buy a few items from Juice Beauty, my new favorite skin care line. I've been using them for about a month and so here's my review! It's rather long, I'd prefer to do individual posts for each item, but since it's from the same company, I thought I'd just combine all of the products I've tried.  Believe me, there will be more, because I LOVE Juice Beauty as well as my other organic brands, such as Pangea and Acure.  Also, you might take a glance at the price and think "Oh lord, I won't spend that much!" but for me, you can't put a price on healthy skin.  Besides, think of it this way.  You can buy one shirt at some fancy store that you might only wear once a week and might last you a couple months before you get tired of it, or you can purchase something you'll use every day and that your skin will literally thank you for.

Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer
$38 for 1.7oz

 I was afraid that when I started 'going organic' (that's my new term by the way, I just made it up. Fabulous right?!) I didn't think there would be an SPF moisturizer, so I'd have to stick to toxic sunscreen.  Ew.  But then! I found this little beauty and I've been hooked ever since.  Not only does it smell fantastic, but it's organic too! (Read below for all ingredients in all of these products) The first ingredient is not water, or glycerin, or sodium something, but ORGANIC APPLE JUICE. Amazing. I'm floored. Literally sitting on the floor right now.  How often can you walk into a store and pick up a bottle of whatever, and read that the first ingredient is a juice, and not something disgusting? Not at all.  Because you're not looking in the right places. Go to Ulta! They carry Juice Beauty :D Or shop online, where you can find amazing deals and other organic products! Like Pangea and Acure :)
So anyways, back to this lovely little beauty.  It smells amazing, it protects my skin, it is organic and it's not too greasy! What else could you ask for?! I highly recommend that this be your first purchase if you go organic, because as my nana always taught me, protect your skin from the sun first, and you'll look young for a lot longer.
This product gets the Laurette-approval! ;D (I have very high standards, by the way. So think about that)

Simply Nourishing Moisturizer by Alicia Silverstone
$36 for 2oz

Juice Beauty teamed up with Alicia Silverstone, eco-friendly celebrity and actress, to make this wonderfully organic line.  Even though it has a famous name attached, Juice Beauty did not compromise its ingredients.  This is just a plain moisturizer, which I love because my skin is dry and needed some extra moisture underneath my SPF 15. I use this in the morning and at night to keep my skin healthy and happy.  The scent takes a little getting used to, but it is pleasant.  I'd highly recommend this as something you need to purchase somewhere along the line.  
This product gets the Laurette-approval!  


Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
$18 for 8oz

So my legs are dry. Nasty dry.  I never put anything on my legs unless I am wearing a skirt or dress because they're nasty and I hated putting lotion on because it smelled too strongly, or was too greasy, or was just a hassle.  And with summer swiftly coming, I needed something to fix my ashy legs.  Leggings and stockings wouldn't work. I hate those.  So then I found this! And bought it! And haven't looked back.  It smells so wonderful and it isn't as greasy as most.  It absorbs quickly into your skin and keeps you hydrated all day.  I love it.  I'm excited to try others, like Acure or Pangea but this is my first love so it may just be my only love <3
This product gets the Laurette-approval!

Green Apple Cleansing Gel
$26 for 4oz



So, I LOVE this stuff.  It's my new favorite.  (My list of favorite is an extensive list, and everything is equally loved, by the way) Not only is it organic, which I am obsessed with right now, it smells wonderful and keeps my skin lovely.  It foams just a bit, without chemicals, leaving your skin feeling clean and not guilty.  I use a little scrublet I got off of that L'oreal 360 Clean stuff and my skin thanks me every day.  The only thing I'm missing is a scrub, which I'm still searching for because I need a scrub in my routine. But scrubs are harsh, and for my non-scrub days I use this beauty.  And I love it.  I think I've told you that enough though :P one last time: I LOVE IT. :D
This product gets the Laurette-approval!


I also got three free samples, Stem Cellular Repair Booster Serum, $75 for 1oz; Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment, $45 for .5oz; and Green Apple Peel Sensitive, $39 for 2oz OR the.25oz for $5
I haven't tried the peel yet, but I have tried the serum and I'm not a fan.  Although I see the appeal, the serum and eye treatments are not for me.  For one, the price is far too high, even for organic.  I honestly don't need stem cellular repair yet, and I disliked the way that it felt on my skin after it dried. It made my skin feel tight and dry.  The eye repair made my eyes sting, like when you put Vaporub on your chest and it stings your eyes? Yeah, like that.  Therefore, I won't ever buy the Stem Cellular line unless I'm desperate to get rid of wrinkles nor will I recommend it.


Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer: Active Ingredient Zinc Oxide 14% Inactive Ingredients Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe juice)*, cocos nucifera (organic coconut oil)*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbitan stearate, Ricinus communis (castor seed oil), polyglycerol-10 laurate, magnesium sulfate, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, tocopherol (Vitamin E), rosa canina (organic rosehip fruit oil)*, camellia sinensis (green tea leaf extract), organic plant oils of butyrospermum parkii (organic shea butter)*, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba seed oil)*, oenothera biennis (organic evening primrose oil)*, linum usitatissimum (organic linseed oil)*, borago officinalis (organic borage seed oil)*, laminaria ochroleuca (kelp extract), ubiquinone (CoQ10), thiotic acid (alpha lipoic acid), dimethyl mea (DMAE), sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, litsea cubeba (may chang) and cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) essential oils *certified organic by a USDA approved agency

Simply Nourishing Moisturizer: Organic Juices of aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, vegetable glycerin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), butyrospermum parkii (organic shea butter)*, theobroma cacao (cocoa seed butter)*, vegetable squalane, persea gratissima (avocado oil), tocopherol (Vitamin E), linum usitatissumum (flax seed oil), ethylhexyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, euterpe oleracea (acai berry oil), olea europaea (olive fruit oil), vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry seed oil), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond oil), hyaluronic acid, cucumis sativus (organic cucumber extract)*, panthenol (Vitamin B5), passiflora incarnata (passion flower extract), vitis vinifera (champagne grape seed extract), lecithin, glycine soja (soybean protein), xanthan gum, algin, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, essential oil blend: anthemis nobilis (chamomile) and echinicea *certified organic by a USDA approved agency

Green Apple Body Lotion: Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, citrus medica limonum (organic lemon juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, vegetable glycerin, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, octyl palmitate, capric/ caprylic triglycerides, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, acetyl hexapeptide-3, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (organic shea butter)*, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba seed oil)*, oenothera biennis (organic evening primrose oil)*, linum usitatissimum (organic linseed oil)*, borago officinalis (organic borage seed oil)*, xantan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), allantoin, tocopherol (Vitamin E), ethylhexylglycerin, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, citrus reticulata (mandarin), litsea cubeba (may chang) and cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) pure essential oils * certified organic by a US Department of Agriculture approved agency

Green Apple Cleansing Gel: Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, citrus medica limonum (organic lemon juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, decyl glucoside, sclerotium gum, vegetable glycerin, organic botanical extracts of saccharum officinarum (organic sugar cane extract)*, salvia officinalis (organic sage leaf extract)*, melissa officinalis (lemon balm leaf extract), taraxacum officinale (dandelion leaf extract), algae extract, camellia sinensis (green tea leaf extract), citrus medica limonum (lemon extract), retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), capryl hydroxamic acid, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, xanthan gum, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane), tocopherol (Vitamin E), tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, citrus reticulata (mandarin), citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet neroli orange), litsea cubeba (organic may chang)* and cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) pure essential oils *certified organic by a USDA approved agency



No comments:

Post a Comment