Saturday, January 5, 2013

We're Engaged!

Yay! James FINALLY asked me to marry him!! Haha.  About time. ;P We've been dating for over four and half years (it'll be five in April 2013) so yeah, good timing?  Anyways, he asked me Christmas Day.  The punk put my ring in a present and left it under the tree for a month.  I guess that was smart, who knows if I'd stumble across it before then?

Oh but it was so sweet.  We went to his mom's for Christmas dinner and my parents were set to arrive to eat dinner with us.  All of our families under one roof! It sounded like a disaster, but it went smooth, probably cause my parents were in shock he asked me. (I maintain that they secretly don't like him :P) So he brought his camera and was taking pictures of everyone opening presents.  He was sick as a dog, mind you, because his birthday is Christmas Eve and he had way too much to drink.  He won't be doing that again.  So I was opening my presents, and (he got all my expressions on camera) and I opened a Clinique box.  My first thought was his grandma (who loves using the brand) bought me something, and I thought "But she knows I only use organic!" That thought quickly dispersed as I opened the box and tore away the tissue paper and found a cute little white box.  Then I irrationally thought his grandma had bought me earrings and "I don't even wear earrings" flashed through my head.  Then THAT was gone and a little gorgeous gold ring was sitting in the middle of the box.  I should have guessed because I realized a split second later that James had his camera focused on me and was snapping away furiously. I went crazy.  Tears welled up and I was jumping up and down and going OH MY GOD.  Then he kissed me and asked me to marry him.  He was so nervous! I could tell.  Poor thing.  I said yes! Duh. And he slid it on my finger.  Perfect fit! He was so afraid that it wouldn't fit.  So then after all the congratulations and the shock started to subside, he told me the story.  He woke up one day three months ago and decided he wanted to marry me. (Cue "Awwwwwww!") The first person he talked to it about was our buddy Esteban and then Danielle, both friends from college.  Esteban's father owns a jewelry shop so during school, when he'd have a break, he'd go to the pub and look at rings.  All this time! I didn't even know! Danielle was there too, and I'm so proud that she was able to keep the secret for so long. So then began three stressful months for James, because he had people texting him back and forth about rings, weddings, congratulations, etc. And since he has all his devices (iPad, iPhone and Macbook) interconnected, all texts go to each device when he receives it. So he had to keep deleting his messages and keep me away from his devices for three months. And poor thing, he was so stressed.  I could tell but he wouldn't tell me what it was that was bothering him. Until now!

So that's my engagement story. Sweet, isn't it?

My favorite destination and now my favorite ring.

Three generations! Mom, nana and I.  Mom's ring fell apart after a cockatoo bit the diamond out. Oops.

I'll get a close-up by a professional done soon.  Probably when we do our engagement shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment